Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: https://covid-19.conacyt.mx/jspui/handle/1000/2010
TELEUROLOGY IN THE TIME OF COVID-19 PANDEMIC: HERE TO STAY?
Luciani L.G..
Mattevi D..
Cai T..
Giusti G..
Proietti S..
Malossini G..
Acceso Abierto
Atribución-NoComercial-SinDerivadas
10.1016/j.urology.2020.04.004
ObjectivesTo assess the implementation and outcomes of telemedicine in a Department of Urology in Northern Italy during the outbreak of the Covid-19 pandemic.MethodsAll the outpatient clinical activities during the 4 weeks following the national lockdown (March 9-April 3, 2020) in the Department of Urology of the Trento Province, Italy, were reviewed and categorized. Expert staff members examined the electronic records, selecting whether the clinic appointments should be canceled or confirmed (via telephone consultation or face-to-face visit). The rate, indication, and modality of visits were investigated.ResultsOverall, 415 of 928 (45%) scheduled patients canceled their clinic appointment themselves or were canceled by staff members without rescheduling. The remaining 523 (55%) cases were screened undergoing telephone consultation in 295 (56%) and face-to-face visit in 228 (44%). The rate of face-to-face visit decreased from 63% to 9% during week 1 and 4, respectively. 74% of face-to-face visits regarded suspected recurrent or new onset malignancy or potentially dangerous clinical conditions (severe urinary symptoms or complicated urinary stones or infection). The median age of patients in the face-to-face and telephone groups was 59 (range 20-69) and 65 years old (range 37-88), respectively.ConclusionsA pandemic is a dynamic scenario, requiring reorganization and flexibility of the healthcare delivery. 45% visits were canceled without rescheduling. Although a minimum portion of face-to-face visit (
Urology
2020
Artículo
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7153527/pdf/main.pdf
Inglés
VIRUS RESPIRATORIOS
Appears in Collections:Artículos científicos

Upload archives


File SizeFormat 
1100897.pdf129.95 kBAdobe PDFView/Open